Dark and dramatic eyes look great
Dark and dramatic eyes look great on any woman, no matter what her complexion. Here is how to get that perfect smoky-eyed look!
- Dampen your brush and carefully outline your eyes (up and down) with black power eye shadow.
- If you don’t have a stark black eye-shadow, you could outline your eyes with a
- black pencil.
- Sweep blackish-grey eye shadow lightly over your eyelids, and blend into the black outline to soften the effect.
- Apply a light brown or gold eye shadow on the inside of your eyelids, blending it outwards.
- Apply a blue or grey eye pencil on your upper and lower eyelids, over the black outline.
- Apply a thin line of black liquid eyeliner, to make your eyes stand out further.
- For beautiful lashes, use an eyelash curler to curl them upwards and open your eyes. Hold your lashes gently with the curler for at least 30 seconds and then apply mascara immediately.
- Apply at least two coats of mascara to your eyelashes. When applying mascara, remember to emphasize the roots of your lashes. Hold your brush horizontal and apply mascara to your upper lashes with firm, outward strokes. Apply mascara to the top of your lashes as well, by looking down into a magnifying mirror. When applying mascara to your lower lashes, do so with the tip of your mascara wand, using side to side strokes.
- After applying mascara, let it dry and then comb through your lashes so they don’t stick together.
- Finish off with a sweep of brown eye shadow over your eyebrows. This will give your eyes extra definition.
Invest in a pair of colored contact lenses. They add depth to the eyes, and the right color can do wonders for you. In addition, the price of colored contact lenses has reduced dramatically. If you have perfect vision, you may find looking after contact lenses a hassle, but then again, there is no gain without pain ! And if you have an eye number, there is really no reason why you shouldn’t get colored contacts - so if you’ve been considering buying a pair.
Get rid of dark circles. Place a potato slice on each eyelid. Remove it after around ten-fifteen minutes. You could also use cucumber slices. Conceal dark circles with the help of a concealor. After applying concealor to your under eye area, proceed with foundation application. Finish off with a dusting of compact powder. This ensures that the concealor blends in well.
No matter how perfect your eye make-up, its just not going to look good if you’ve got puffy eyes. Here is what you can do to reduce puffiness:
Take a bowl and fill it up with ice cubes and water. Splash this freezing cold water ten times on your face, and another ten times on your eyes. Do this at least a couple of times a week. Not only will your puffiness reduce dramatically, but your face will start glowing as well. Follow up with moisturizer and under-eye cream