You contact lenses require regular cleaning to avoid eye problems. Learn some helpful tips for taking care of your eyes and cleaning your contact lenses.
If you are a contact lens user it is very important that you take proper care of your lenses so that your precious set of eyes remains protected. Contact lenses are subject to daily wear and tear that may increase micro organisms and deposits in it.
Not cleaning contact lenses regularly may result in increase in the layer of the deposits and absorbed material on the surface. This may result in discomfort and affect vision. To know how to keep your contact lenses clean and durable, continue reading.
Tips for basic care of your lenses
Here are some tips which are useful for the basic care of your contact lenses. This forms the basis of lens care regime. So tonight when it is time to take off your lenses the following tips will make taking care of lenses easier and simpler.
· Avoid moisturizing or using antibacterial soap when washing your hands to prevent contaminating lens
· Keep your contact lenses always moist
· Avoid using permanent or lash building mascara's as these can create deposits on contact lenses that are difficult to remove
· Use contact lenses only through medical guidance and valid prescription to avoid risk
· Keep your contact lenses case clean and tightly closed
· Remove your contact lenses while sleeping
· Keep the solutions in a cool dry place and away from dust and filth
· Remove the lenses from your eye in such a way that your nails does not harm your eyes
Tips for cleaning contact lenses
Cleaning contact lenses is much more than just dumping them in the lens case filled with solution. Taking a little extra care can make your lenses last longer.
· Wash your hands properly before removing the contact lenses from eyes
· Start cleaning with the same contact lens always, (left eye first) so you do not mix up your lenses
· Use oil free foundation and other moisturizers when wearing contact lenses.
· Avoid cleaning contact lenses with saliva, it is a very harmful practice
· Clean the lenses with the solution recommended by your eye doctor or
o optician only
· Avoid touching the tips of cleaning solutions for your lenses as this can contaminate the cleaning solution.
· Clean the contact lenses whenever you remove them.
· Rinse the cleaning solution on lenses properly
· Rinse your contact lenses and flush your eyes if your contact lenses start irritating your eyes.
· Remove the contact lenses and clean it if a dust particle suddenly enters your eye
Taking care of cosmetic contact lenses or colored contact lenses
Cosmetic contact lenses, colored contact lenses or crazy colored contacts are less durable and care is required in this case too. These types of contact lenses are disposable; do not use them for a longer time. Dispose them off quickly and protect your eyes from contamination of the contact lenses. Remember, that these contact lenses are required to be safely placed in contact lens case after use. You should also check contact lens reviews before using such contact lenses to avoid problems while using these contact lenses.
Soft contact lenses care
You should be extra careful because soft contact lenses are very delicate as compared to hard contact lenses. Use only those lens cleaners that are designed to clean soft lens. Some soft contact lenses may require heat cleaning process. Consult your eye doctor or optician regarding the same.
Hard contact lenses cleaning
The hard contact lenses are much more long lasting than the soft contact lenses. These lenses also require a special solution which is designed for cleaning them. Take all required precaution while using them and follow the cleaning process religiously, if you value your eyes.
Cleaners for contact lenses
Depending upon the kind of brand you use and the amount of protein your eye deposits on your lenses, your doctor may recommend a required product for its removal. Usually it is a protein removal cleaner. Products for removing protein include enzymatic cleaners and daily protein removal liquids. Multipurpose solution, saline solutions, daily cleaners, hydrogen peroxide and enzyme tablets are some of the products used for cleaning contact lenses.
Contact lenses are a blessing for those who do not like wearing spectacles. The tiny thin and transparent film like objects helps vision but may have adverse effects too, if not taken care of. So while you are ready to place your lenses in your sensitive eyes, ensure that your lenses are always clean and well-looked after.